Music and Technology in Harmony - All things sound and compositional on the web, from a UK based guitarist, composer and sound designer.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Done, Done and done

Yes it is all done, thesis is in and project is over! Whoo hoo at last, I can get on with my life....well not strictly true, I still have to do a viva (presentation and questions) which is next tuesday....and then it will be really done....and I can't wait.

Haven't blogged for a while, because I was so busy with the Thesis (which went I handed it I realised that my graphs hadn't come out and my conclusion sentence was some how replaced with "111111111111111" ....ie something was on the keyboard before it was printed...oh well they will be corrections before the final thing is bound...i hope)

SO that plus I have been trying to get things fully operational in my studio and I have been encountering a few problems....it would seem that everything decides not to work at the same time....my power amp is crackling and causing one speaker to fade in and out, one of my guitars pickup selector is broken on the neck pickup. I have discoved a bug in Samplitude when trying to record midi note, it records them with a 5 minute offset....annoying or what. It seems to be due to my Korg Kontol 49 and the fact that it is USB. I will be trying it later with a bog standarf midi interface.

So the future....yes...time to concentrate on getting stuff up and running and income coming in...although it looks like I am going to need some form of employment to make ends meet....McD's perhaps! "would you like fries with that"

And the blog...well it is a year old now, it started to vent my frustrations with Danny Boy....and he is gone.....so now I am going to use it to focus more on my passion....sound. music and recording...so yes it will probably become very boring :)

Peace

Neil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home