Music and Technology in Harmony - All things sound and compositional on the web, from a UK based guitarist, composer and sound designer.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Ironing!

Really what is the point. Yes I used to iron, but try to get away if i can (email me for my handy clothes drying technique which leaves the clothes flat without the need for ironing). In fact I used to iron a fair bit...towels, sheets etc....and then it struck me what I complete waste of time and therefore life it is. Nowadays I have to iron shirts for work...wow what a complete waste of my life that is!!! As if going to the office and doing the job isn't wasting my short time on planet earth enough. But that got me thinking...really do we need to do as much ironing as we do? How many man/woman/person hours a lost each year to having a firm collar.

Don't get me wrong, having an unironed shirt does look very scruffy, but hey man I don't want to conform to the who corporate uniform thing. If I have an important occassion to go to, family dinner, wedding etc, then yes the use of time to iron a shirt is a good use to time. But to go to work...hmmm.....I guess I am just reaching my rebellion phase a little late in life....or perhaps I have always been a rebel, not wanting to conform to the 'squares'.

So what would I wear to work then? Well ofcourse I would want to look smart, who wouldn't, but I think I can achieve that without the CorporoUniform of shirt and tie...and without the shirt...there would be no ironing require (see my tip!!) and I would get to save time to enjoy each of the precious moments I am given on this world.

Ironing huh what is it good for?....absolutly nothing....say it again now.

Peace

Neil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home