Music and Technology in Harmony - All things sound and compositional on the web, from a UK based guitarist, composer and sound designer.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Master!

Hmm yes well I passed! Now have an Msc...which is nice. I really thought I would be more excited than I was when I found out....don't really get why I wasn't. I think it is because I feel that it was the wrong course, I should have had the courage in my convictions and studied a music based course...which is where my heart lies. Oh well I learnt some stuff and I can go around saying 'I am the master', but that has already worn very thin =@).

But bizzarrely, since finishing things have really picked up. I have done a guitar session, joined a band, done some web work, been on a course audition (and got accepted!), completed a music for the media assignment and a whole bunch of other things.

Wow...yes in a new band called 'Freefall', great bunch of people and it has certainly put the fun back into music. Certainly not Hoggz type stuff, but really funky and with dynamics! It is so great to go to a rehearsal and a)not have to wear ear plugs and b)leave WITHOUT your ears ringing. Watch this space for more info.

I am quite pleased with my last music for the media assignments, starting to crack the old orchestral writing on the computer. Having Sibelius is a god send, it is just fiddly trying to get the right orchestral sounds. I am using Garritan Personal Orchestral and it is pretty great, but there are a few number of orchestral techniques which are missing from the library...well hopefully one day it will be a real orchestra! (Fingers crossed)

Here is a link to the files (the quality is pretty rank, due to having compressed a bit toooo much!)

Wildlife 1
Wildlife 2

So yes I have finished my MSc, so now it is time to get on with my life and follow my dreams...which involves of course more courses....well I need to focus on improving at music. So I have enrolled on the following course Compose and Perform 2 at Goldsmiths (University of London). It was a fantastic day at the audition, to be surrounded by so many people passionate about music...I was in 7th heaven! I can't wait until it starts next week!

I have also enrolled on the only Open University music course I have done yet, which is AA314 Studies in Music 1750-2000: Interpretation and Analysis, once again I can't wait to start (it is a way off in Feb!), but if it is anything like the previous courses, then it is going to be amazing...but hard work no doubt! I have also discovered that I can convert the credits from the Goldsmiths course to the OU, which means that with a couple more OU course I can actually get another degree....so that i probably what I will do! What the hell, 3 degrees a BA, a B.Eng and an MSc. Pretty cool....just hope I can get some payola now!

Peace and good happiness stuff

Neil - aka The Master

2 Comments:

Blogger Hal Weaver said...

I bow to the new master.. Congrats old bean. First pint is on me whenever we next meet up.

OK HW

1:56 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you.

Regards
Alex la corportate video production

6:26 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home