Music and Technology in Harmony - All things sound and compositional on the web, from a UK based guitarist, composer and sound designer.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hell has frozen over

Okay, so I am very vocal about how much I dislike bands getting back together for 'reunion' tours (should be called 'we still hate each other....but we need the cash tours') and also old boy rockers going out and basically becoming a glorified covers band....but I am a hypocrite....I have always said that one of the biggest things I have missed out on was seeing The Police live.....and of all the bands I really never believed they would play together again....mainly because of the intense hatred between Sting and Stewart Copeland. But they are back....and I am over a the moon a the prospect of seeing them play live...yes against all my principles I will go and see them (and no doubt pay hugely for the privilege!)....yes I can't really stand what Sting has become (Lute music anyone!!)

But on the strength of this it is worth it!! The Police at the Grammys!!

Copeland who has always been probably my favourite drummer looks like he is on amazing form....I love the little hi-hat fill that he plays around 1:20...amazing!

Happy days!!

Peace

Neil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home